It's a simple and straightforward recipe I've been using for 20 years. The same one every time and they always come out perfect. I really love this recipe, though I can't take credit for it. It's my Mom's...she's had it on the same recipe card for over 40 years which I believe was passed down to her.
- 2 cups cake flour
- 6 Tbsp powder sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Powder sugar to roll cookies in.
- In a large bowl cream butter and add vanilla. (Make sure the butter has had time to soften but do not microwave.)
- Mix together flour and powder sugar in a separate bowl and then combine with creamed butter.
- Add the nuts. Mix well.
- Roll into balls the size of a walnut. Place close together on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- Roll in powder sugar.
Makes 3 dozen.