- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 stick plus 5 tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp cold water
Mix all the ingredients together. Using a mixer like Kitchen Aid makes this quick and easy but it can be done by hand as well. In a mixer it takes 2-3 minutes. Form a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour up to 24 hours. When you're ready to use it, let it warm at room temperature for half an hour or so
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp each of salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- Saute onion and red bell pepper in a small amount of oil until tender, about 3-5 minutes
- Add butter and flour to make a roux. It'll be thick and pasty
- Add chicken stock slowly while stirring until completely combined
- Add in cooked chicken and spices
- Cook on low about 10 minutes. Remove from heat
- Cut dough in half. Roll out first half on a floured countertop to fit the size of your pie plate.
- Place it in a greased and floured pie plate pressing down to fit the plate
- Fill it with the chicken mixture
- Roll out the second half of the dough and place on top.
- Pinch the ends or use the back of a fork to seal.
- Cut slits in the top of the pie crust
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes until golden brown.
- You may have to put tin foil around the edges of the crust for the last 10 minutes to prevent burning.